Monday, June 29, 2009

Quotes

I am reading the book Trial and Triumph by Richard Hunnula...it is about the early church and the people who started it. Here are some really good quotes...

"I do not seek to understand in order that I may believe, but I believe in order that I may understand." -Anselm

"Brothers, know how immeasurably God deserves to be loved. The Lord, who is so great, first loved us who are so little and so wretched! What then, I ask you, could be the limit of our love?"
"He who is filled with the love of God is easily moved by everything in scripture."
-Bernard
This is probably my favorite so far...


The Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

Where there is injury, pardon;

Where there is doubt, faith;

Where there is despair, hope;

Where there is darkness, light;

Where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek

To be consoled, as to console;

Not so much to be understood, as to understand;

Not so much to be loved, but to love;

For it is in giving that we receive;

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

It is in dying that we awaken to eternal life.

No comments: