Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

Christmas with my Mom's side of the family is a lot of fun but really tiring! I got a lot of great presents but I also got to enjoy seeing other peoples faces as they opened theirs. I think my favorite person to watch was Claire, who thanked you for the gift before she even opened it. We get so caught up in getting gifts and seeing who has more that we don't get to sit back and enjoy being together. We also forget why we even celebrate this holiday which is the fact the Christ came down to earth as an infant. Jesus the King of kings left his throne and came down to earth in order to save us, a wretched and sinful people. Does that not just AMAZE you?!? It truly is a beautiful time of celebrating the coming of our Savior. Even though I love celebrating Christmas it is very nice to be done with all the gifts and being busy...until next year. :) Just as a side note,this month for school we memorized Mathew 1:18-23. Reading these verses is a wonderful way to end Christmas Day.
"Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After his mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. But while he thought about these things, behold, and angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, 'Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. "And she will bring forth a son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people form their sins." So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,: which is translated, "God with us."
Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! Sam looks so cute in that spiderman outfit. He's ready to... I guess swing? Is that what he does? I guess I don't know what I'm talking about!!

Kait

jordan smith said...

he shoots web stuff out of his wrists Kait! i'm so dissapointed that you, my friend, didn't know that! this dilemma MUST be fixed ASAP.

movie night!

jordan